Apply for a dog breeding licence
The application form is available to download and the fee from 1st April 2017 is £202.
When do I need a licence?
- You must have a dog breeding licence if you breed and sell dogs.
A vet or other inspector will visit and want to see that your dogs:
- live in suitable accommodation
- receive adequate food, water and bedding
- get enough exercise
- are transported in safe and comfortable conditions
- are protected in case of fire or other emergency
- are protected from the spread of disease
Length of licence
- your licence will be valid for 1 year
- you must renew your licence before the expiry date if you wish to continue as a dog breeder
Last updated Monday, 3rd April 2017