Sex establishment licence
Apply for a sex establishment licence
There are three types of sex establishment, Sex Shops, Sex Cinemas and Sexual Entertainment Venues, that requrie a licence.
Apply HERE for a:
- new sex establishment licence
- variation to a sex establishment licence
- transfer of a sex establishment licence
Eligibility, penalties and regulation summary
- if granted, a licence will be valid for one year
Details of the regulations and penalties can be found in a summary of the regulations and eligibility criteria for this licence.
Applicants must also:
- be at least 18 years old
- not be disqualified from holding a licence
- have been resident in the UK at least six months immediately before the application or, if a body corporate, must be incorporated in the UK
- not have been refused the grant or renewal of a licence for the premises in question within the last 12 months unless the refusal has been reversed on appeal
- £2210 for a new licence or variation of a licence
- £550 for transfer of a licence
Application evaluation process
- usual period to process applications is 60 days
- decision period will not begin until all required information has been received by the council and the fee paid
Will tacit consent apply?
- Tacit consent will not apply
If tacit consent applies it means that an application is automatically approved if a decision is not made within the above decision period. In all other cases approval can only be obtained following the decision regardless of the time taken.
It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period contact us at: email@example.com
Last updated Thursday, 15th March 2018