Report an abandoned vehicle
Alternatively call the Warwickshire Hotline on 0800 16 999 00.
If there is a safety risk, Warwickshire Police will be contacted to deal with the issue. Otherwise the Council will check and deal with the abandoned vehicle appropriately. Vehicles abandoned on any land in the open air will be investigated and if appropriate may be removed.
The permission of the landowner is required before abandoned vehicles can be removed from private land.
For vehicles causing an obstruction to the highway or suspected of being stolen contact the Police on 024 7664 1111.
We will investigate any vehicles reported as abandoned on local roads or property (usually including private property). The vehicle will be removed if it is deemed abandoned and is located on the public highway.
10 ways to spot an abandoned car
- vandalised and/or fire damaged
- unused and in poor condition
- been in a road traffic accident
- parked or abandoned in an isolated or unusual location
- vehicle parts been removed or damaged (e.g. broken windows, flat tyres)
- vehicle unsecure (doors/boot unlocked or windows open)
- vehicle contain rubbish
- in a known area for abandoned vehicles
- seen anybody use it or act suspiciously around it
- been there for some time
Last updated Friday, 19th February 2016