Apply for a pavement licence
A pavement licence is a licence granted by the council which allows the licence holder to place removable furniture over certain highways next to the premises that have this licence. Generally, these are footpaths restricted to pedestrians or are roads and places to which vehicle access is restricted or prohibited.
This new process will support cafes, restaurants, pubs and similar premises to operate safely while social distancing measures remain in place. This temporary licensing will remain in place until the end of September 2021.
How much does it cost
The application fee in Nuneaton and Bedworth for a Pavement Licence is £80.
How to apply
- Read the guidance notes
- Complete the application form:
- Pavement Licence application form (pdf)
- Pavement Licence application form (docx)
- Plan and layout guidance
- E-mail your application and accompanying documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make the licence fee payment of £80 to the Licensing Section when you submit your appliction by e-mail by ringing them direct on 024 76376222.
- Display this site notice on the day you submit your application. Then for a further 5 working days for public consultation process. You will need to include in your application photos of the site notice to show it has been properly displayed.
What happens once the application is submitted
The council have 10 working days from the day after the application is made (excluding public holidays) to consult on, and determine the application. This consists of 5 working days for public consultation, and then 5 working days to consider and determine the application after the consultation.
Last updated Wednesday, 11th November 2020