Business support grants
Strategic Businesses Support Grant Scheme
Building upon the ARG Policy, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is also keen to offer the relevant support to our larger and strategic businesses.
The Strategic Businesses Support Grant Scheme provides revenue and capital funding to enable local strategic businesses to implement changes and initiatives that will support their plans to re-locate to the Borough and to invest, recover, sustain, diversify and / or grow, following the challenges experienced due to COVID-19.
There is no restriction upon the category of businesses who can apply but to qualify for this scheme, your business must:
- Be located within, or imminently be locating within the administrative area of Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council;
- Not be in administration, insolvent or in receipt of a striking-off notice;
- Have been adversely affected by COVID-19 or are important to the borough’s economic COVID recovery plans;
- Where relevant, quotations to carry out the proposed projects will need to be provided and should be from businesses/ individuals who are independent from your business;
- Your project must comply with current State Aid regulations and you must submit a State Aid Declaration as part of the application process. Further details of the current State Aid regulations are attached at Appendix B;
- Applicants must satisfy us that their proposals are viable, realistic and deliverable;
- Applications will be assessed on their relative merits and expected outcomes. The strategic business will possess the ability to attract additional investment/businesses, support a broader supply chain and/or deliver a considerable contribution to the local economy.
Before completing an application under this scheme please throughly read the Strategic Businesses Support Grant Scheme Policy.
Scheme Closed: 11th June 2021
Last updated Friday, 11th June 2021