You are here:

Special arrangements for registering to vote

Register to vote as a Crown servant or as a British Council employee

If you’re working outside the UK as a Crown servant or as an employee of the British Council, you can register to vote.

You can also register if you’re married to, or are the civil partner of, a Crown servant or British Council employee and you’re accompanying them during their employment abroad.

You’ll be eligible to vote in all elections.

Vote by proxy

If you’re living abroad it's advisable that you appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf as there is unlikely to be enough time for postal votes to reach you and be sent back before close of poll.

Your proxy application can be returned by scanning and emailing it to

Last updated Monday, 13th February 2023

Was this information useful?

You said, we did