Opt in or out of the open register
We keep two registers:
- Electoral Register
- Open Register (previously known as the edited register)
- lists the names and addresses of everyone who is registered to vote
- is used for electoral purposes, such as making sure only people who are eligible can vote
- It is also used for other limited legally specified activities, such as detecting crime (like fraud), calling people for jury service and checking credit applications
- an extract of the electoral register
- not used for elections.
- can be bought by any person, company or organisation. For example, it is used by businesses and charities to confirm name and address details. Your name and address will be included in the open register unless you ask for them to be removed
- removing your details from the open register does not affect your right to vote
How can I opt in or out of the electoral register?
- send your full name and address to email@example.com
Last updated Wednesday, 19th December 2018