The Council appoints the Leader of the Council and the Leader then appoints a Cabinet (including a Deputy Leader). The Cabinet consists of five places and each individual Cabinet member (known as a Portfolio Holder) is designated specific areas of responsibility. The Cabinet makes decisions collectively, but individual Portfolio Holders also have decision-making powers.
The Cabinet members are:
- Cllr Julie Jackson - Finance and Civic Affairs (Leader)
- Cllr Neil Phillips - Planning and Development and Health (Deputy Leader)
- Cllr Ian Lloyd - Arts and Leisure
- Cllr Christopher Watkins - Housing and Communities
- Cllr Jill Sheppard - Central Services and Refuse
Last updated Monday, 20th May 2019