The Council appoints the Leader of the Council and the Leader then appoints a Cabinet (including a Deputy Leader). The Cabinet consists of five places and each individual Cabinet member (known as a Portfolio Holder) is designated specific areas of responsibility. The Cabinet makes decisions collectively, but individual Portfolio Holders also have decision-making powers.
- Finance and Civic Affairs - Councillor Julie Jackson
- Housing, Health and Communities - Councillor Barry Longden
- Central Services and Refuse - Councillor Jill Sheppard
- Art, Leisure and Economic Development - Councillor Ian Lloyd
- Planning and Development - Councillor Neil Phillips
Last updated Friday, 18th May 2018