Coronavirus outbreak: service disruption
Rubbish and recycling
Bin collections are running as normal at present.
However, there are some changes to other refuse and recycling services:
- Judkins recycling centre is closed until further notice
- Recycling bring banks are closed until further notice
- Bulky waste collection bookings have been temporarily suspended. Bookings already scheduled will be fulfilled
- Make sure you follow national waste guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus infection
- We will only carry out emergency repairs to our tenants' home
Emergency repairs are those classed as necessary to avoid danger to occupants or damage to the property, eg. a total loss of electrical power, toilet broken or not working (where this is only one in the property) and major leaks in your water system.
If you have an enquiry related to homelessness and you are unable to call our customer services team, knock the main Town Hall door and someone will speak to you.
With immediate effect, we will no longer be advertising our own housing stock during the weekly bidding cycles. This will include removing current live adverts.
You can spread the cost of your council tax over 12 months instead of 10. Contact the council tax team to discuss your requirements.
Bedworth Civic Hall
All upcoming performances at Bedworth Civic Hall have been cancelled and future ticket sales remain suspended.
Nuneaton Museum and Art Gallery
Our leisure centres are closed. Visit Everyone Active website for the latest information on site closures
Only stalls selling essential items such as foodstuffs, eg. bread, cakes, meat and vegetables will be open to trade in our Nuneaton and Bedworth markets. Anyone visiting the market must stay at least two metres from others and follow Government guidelines on social distancing, self-isolation and hygiene.
- All other non-essential market stalls will be closed
Parks, Play areas and green gyms
Our Borough parks currently remain open but all children’s playgrounds and play areas including ancillary facilities as well as green gyms are closed until further notice. View Government guidance on access to green spaces.
Pest control service
All appointments for domestic pest control are currently suspended and the pest control team will not be undertaking any visits to properties until further notice.
We thank you for your patience and understanding which is invaluable during these challenging times for all of us.
- Keep checking our website and social media channels for further information.
Last updated Saturday, 28th March 2020