Recycling service strike 2022
Industrial action is being taken by some refuse collection staff employed by Coventry City Council and talks are continuing to try to end this dispute.
This action is out of our control and affects the brown-lid recycling bin collection in Nuneaton and Bedworth. The black and green bin collections are unaffected by this strike action.
- Strike action is expected to continue every day
- We are expecting some recycling rounds will be disrupted
- We are collecting most recycled waste every day, so please continue to put out your bins on your regular recycling day
- Follow our social media accounts, press releases and local media for the latest information about this strike
What to do if your recycling collection is affected by industrial action
- Put your bin out on your usual recycling day by 7.00am.
- If the waste is not collected that day, take your bin back onto your property.
- Please continue to separate your recycling waste from your general waste.
- If your collection has been missed and you need to do so, place your recycling waste in black bags and then in or beside your black bin on your next black bin collection day.
- Consider taking your waste to a household recycling site. You will need to separate your materials and book a slot to visit the recycling site.
- If you have signed up for the green bin service, put all compostable food waste in it to give additional capacity in your black bin.
Some commercial and schools refuse collections are also affected. Any business or school in Nuneaton and Bedworth who have a commercial contract with Coventry City Council’s waste solutions and are not receiving collections should contact Coventry waste services for further guidance. Coventry City Council are currently working hard to carry out regular commercial collections.
Last updated Monday, 21st March 2022