Warwickshire County Council and Bulkington by-election
- this election takes place on Thursday, 4 May 2017
There are statutory deadline dates in the run up to an election, in particular to registering to vote and applying to vote by post or proxy.
- Find out further information on all Warwickshire County Council election information and results
Who can vote in this election
If you are registered and:
- aged 18 and over
- British citizen
- qualifying Commonwealth citizen
- European Union citizen
You will receive a poll card in early April.
Who cannot vote in this election
These are individuals who are entitled to be registered but would not be entitled to vote at the above election. For example, a British citizen living abroad who is registered as an overseas elector cannot vote in local government election.
- if you are not registered, you will not be able to vote - registering to vote is quick and easy.
Deadline to register to vote
- the statutory deadline to vote is midnight on Thursday, 13 April 2017
We recommend you register well before this date to ensure you are registered in time for the election.
Unable to vote in person at the polling station
You can apply to vote by post by completing a postal application form. However in order for your postal application to be processed you must be registered and confirmed under the new system of individual registration.
Completed postal application and postal proxy application forms must be received by Electoral Services by:
- the statutory deadline of 5.00pm on Tuesday, 18 April 2017
Apply as soon as possible to ensure you receive your ballot paper in good time. If we receive your postal vote application:
- by Tuesday, 28 March 2017, we estimate that we'll post your ballot paper on Tuesday, 11 April 2017
- between Wednesday, 29 March and Tuesday, 18 April 2017 by 5.00pm, we estimate that we'll post your ballot paper on Friday, 21 April 2017
If you have appointed someone to vote on your behalf, they must meet the following criteria:
- be registered under the new registration system
- be eligible to vote in this particular type of poll
- cannot act on behalf of more than two people at any one election, unless they are a close relative
Completed proxy application form must be received by Electoral Services by: 5.00pm
Last updated Tuesday, 11th April 2017