Overview and Scrutiny panels
Summary of Overview and Scrutiny
The overview and scrutiny function helps to ensure that the Council delivers its objectives in an open and transparent way, allowing Councillors to shape, question, evaluate and challenge its policies, decisions and performance.
Each Panel scrutinises, monitors and reviews:
- The performance of the Council within the scope of the portfolios and strategic themes for which it is responsible
- Policy review within their area of responsibility
- The Corporate Plan
- The Forward Plan
- Issues Members wish to raise
- The development of the Council’s annual budget and reviews, and scrutinises the Council’s performance in relation to budgetary management
- Our performance
- Considers the Council’s Strategic Risk Register, and ensures that it adequately addresses the risks and priorities of the Council
- The use of the “well-being powers” contained in Section 2(4) in relation to promotion of “well-being” under Section 2(1) LGA 2000
View more information about the work of Overview and Scrutiny Panels.
Last updated Thursday, 24th June 2021