You are here:


Council tax reduction overpayments

Where a claimant has been provided with a reduction greater than that to which they are entitled, the local authority is required to inform the claimant and where necessary seek to recover the overpayment by issuing a revised council tax bill.  

Recovery of overpayment

You will be sent a revised bill that will clearly detail the overpayment and the amount being recovered. If you should have any queries you should contact the benefit section.

Last updated Wednesday, 6th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did