You are here:


Housing benefit overpayments

The local authority has a duty to recover overpayments of benefit for which there was no entitlement or a reduced entitlement. We can recover from the claimant or if paid direct, the landlord. We may prosecute in respect of fraudulent overpayments.

Recovery of overpayment

You will be sent a letter that will detail the overpayment and the method of recovery. If you have any queries you should contact the recovery section in the first instance.

Last updated Wednesday, 6th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did