You are here:

Problems paying your council tax

Deductions from certain types of benefit

If you are receiving Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance or Pension Credits, the Council can ask for a deduction to be made from your benefit at a rate determined by the Government. The amount deducted is up-rated each year in line with the increase in benefit allowances.

Last updated Wednesday, 16th December 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did