You are here:

Problems paying your council tax

Attachment of earnings

The Council can order your employer to recover the amount direct from your wages or salary and pay it straight to the Council. The amount will be a set proportion of your pay after certain other deductions, such as Income Tax and National Insurance. Your employer may also deduct a further £1 towards their costs in making each deduction and sending it to the Council. Further information and details of how much we can deduct from your pay. 

Last updated Wednesday, 16th December 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did