You are here:

Problems paying your council tax

Commitment to prison

Where the Council has sought to recover the council tax owed and the enforcement agents have been unsuccessful in collecting the outstanding sums, then the authority can apply for the debtor's committal to prison for a period of up to 90 days.

Last updated Wednesday, 16th December 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did