You are here:


Inserting a window in your house

If the window projects beyond an existing wall (such as a bay window), this is treated as an extension and is subject to the same restrictions as extensions and additions.  If the window you want to insert is an upper-floor window in the side elevation of the house then it must be obscure glazed and non-opening (unless the opening parts of the window are more than 1.7 metres above floor level).

Last updated Wednesday, 13th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did