You are here:


Works to listed building or in a conservation area

You must apply for listed building consent if you want to:

  • knock down all or part of a listed building
  • alter or extend a listed building in a way that would affect its character

Note:  Alterations to the interior of a listed building are covered by this type of consent.

You must apply for conservation area consent if you:

  • want to knock down a building (depending on its size), or wall or other means of enclosure that is not listed, but is in a Conservation Area and would have required planning permission to construct
  • also need to apply if you are planning on doing works to tees in a conservation area

Last updated Wednesday, 13th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did