You are here:


Chimneys and flues

You need to apply for planning permission if the chimney, flue or soil and vent pipe would exceed the highest part of the roof by 1 metre or more.  If you live in a conservation area you will also need to apply for permission if the proposal would be installed on a wall or roof slope that fronts a highway and is either the principal or a side elevation of the house.

Last updated Wednesday, 13th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did