You are here:

Do I need planning approval

Chimneys and flues

You need to apply for planning permission if the chimney, flue or soil and vent pipe would exceed the highest part of the roof by one metre or more.

If you live in a conservation area

You will also need to apply for permission if the proposal would be installed on a wall or roof slope that fronts a highway and is either the principal or a side elevation of the house.

Last updated Tuesday, 13th June 2023

Was this information useful?

You said, we did