You are here:


Drainage and sewer advice

The Council is only responsible for the drains that it owns, for example, those that service Council properties.

If you have a blockage or defect in your house drain, it is your responsibility to fix the problem.  If the problem is in a private sewer it will be adopted by Severn Trent but is the responsibility of all the property owners.  You may be covered by your home insurance policy for the cost of fixing the problem.

For further information about responsibility/ownership visit the Severn Trent website.

Last updated Monday, 1st February 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did