Cold Callers – Disrepair Claim Companies
We are aware that some of our tenants are being approached by companies about making a claim against us for disrepair.
These companies may not give you all the information that you need before you agree to work with them, and they could put you at serious financial risk.
They usually tell you that the operate on a “no win, no fee” basis.
Points to note before you sign any agreements:
- What are the costs I will incur by making a claim?
- Have I reported the repairs to NBBC and can I prove this?
- Have I exhausted NBBC complaints procedure?
- Have I taken free independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau?
- Could I make a complaint for free to the Housing Ombudsman Service?
Last updated Thursday, 22nd September 2022