You are here:

Council house modernisation

Carrying out your own alterations

If you wish to carry out alterations on your council owned property such as fitting a new kitchen, bathroom, TV aerial/dish, creating a patio or a driveway/dropped kerb etc you will need to apply for landlord permission and this needs to be done prior to any work commencing.

  • Landlord permission is not the same as Planning/Building Regulation Approval which must be applied for separately if applicable once Landlord permission has been given

How to apply

Apply in writing detailing the alterations you wish to carry out either by letter or email to your designated housing officer:

Last updated Thursday, 7th February 2019

Was this information useful?

You said, we did