Community litter picks
As well as providing a continuous street cleansing programme, the Council actively encourages groups to organise and carry out their own community litter picks, with free hire of equipment.
Taking part in community litter picks
- Community litter picks are an ideal way to look after your local area, bring the community together and do your bit for the borough
- Adults and children can get involved to take part in achieving a cleaner borough
- Officers from the waste management team will be on hand to give help and advice when planning, provide litter picking equipment on the day and take away any waste collected
- You may even get the chance to have your picture in the council’s in-touch magazine
Organising a community litter pick?
- Get a group of at least six people – ensure everyone is willing and committed to taking part
- Get some dates and times together when everyone in the group will be available to take part, either on a weekend or evening. (Officers from Waste Management will not be available during working hours Monday to Friday, 9:00am until 5:00pm)
- Litter picks will generally last up to 2 hours so please keep in mind daylight hours when planning
- Pick a place to litter pick – this can only be council land and not private land
- Complete an enquiry form
- An officer will be in contact to confirm a date and time for the litter pick to take place
Last updated Monday, 1st February 2016