You are here:

Additional and replacement bins

What to do whilst waiting for your new bin

If you are awaiting delivery of a new bin and have no method of containment, you can present your waste and recycling for kerbside collection in the following ways

Black (non-recyclable household waste) 

Put your general waste in to black bags and present at the kerbside. You can present up to five black bags for collection.

Brown (household dry recycling)

Mixed (main body of bin) recycling: present in a box or plastic container, your container will be returned after collection

Paper/cardboard (insert recycling): present in a cardboard box - cardboard should be broken in to manageable sizes (no larger than 50cm length/width)

Green (compostable waste)

You can take green waste to Judkins Household Recycling Centre, where it is sent on for composting.

Unfortunately we cannot collect green waste without a bin and so you will need to put your green waste with general waste until your new bin is delivered if you are unable to take it to Judkins.

Last updated Tuesday, 25th February 2020

Was this information useful?

You said, we did