Recycling service strike 2022
Industrial action is being taken by some refuse collection staff employed by Coventry City Council and talks are continuing to try to end this dispute.
This action is out of our control and will affect the brown-lid recycling bin collection.
- Strike action is expected to continue this week (beginning Monday, 17 January) and we are expecting recycling rounds will be disrupted on Wednesday, 19 January and Friday, 21 January
The black and green bin collections are unaffected by this strike action.
What to do if your recycling collection is affected by industrial action:
- Put your bin out on your usual recycling day by 7.00am.
- If the waste is not collected that day, take your bin back onto your property.
- If your collection has been missed, place your recycling waste in your black bin, or in bags placed next to your black bin on your next collection day.
- Consider taking your waste to a household recycling site convenient to you. You will need to separate your materials and book a slot to visit the recycling site.
- If you have signed up for the green bin service, put all compostable food waste in it to give additional capacity in your black bin.
Further action is expected during this month. Continue to follow our social media accounts, press releases and local media for information about these days of strike action.
We may collect additional paper/card presented from those properties who do not receive a full recycling collection.
Last updated Friday, 21st January 2022