For Valour - The First World War through the experiences of Knox and Beesley
- 22nd September 2018 - 18th November 2018 at 10:30 - 16:30 (Every day)
- Location: Museum and Art Gallery, Riversley Park, Coton Road, Nuneaton, CV11 5TU
- Cost: Entry is Free.
Explore the stories of both Cecil Leonard Knox and William Beesley, and learn more about the War in which they fought.
The Victoria Cross is the Highest Award in the UK Honours System. It is awarded for gallantry and is given for acts of extreme bravery. There were two Victoria Cross winners from Nuneaton & Bedworth in the First World War. Incredibly, both survived to receive them. 100 years on from Britain’s victory, this exhibition casts light on the First World War through the experiences of these two men. Explore the stories of both Cecil Leonard Knox and William Beesley, and learn more about the War in which they fought.
Opening hours for the Museum and tearoom
- Tuesday to Saturday, 10.30am until 4.30pm
- Sunday, 2.00pm until 4.30pm
- Bank Holiday Monday (excluding Christmas and New Year), 10.30am until 4.30pm