Nuneaton and Bedworth annual canvass 2021
Each year the Electoral Registration Officer has a legal requirement to conduct an annual canvass to ensure the electoral register is accurate and complete. Households will be contacted in different ways depending on the result of our local and national data matching.
In order to know who is eligible to register to vote, we need to know who lives at your address. This form is to collect this information. Although this form is not a registration form, the information you provide will enable us to send a separate registration form to all the people in your household who are eligible and need to register.
What form will I receive?
- You will either recieve an A4 or A3 form
I have received an A4 Form
For those properties where we think there may not be any changes to the information we hold, we will send you an A4 form that will state: Is the electoral register information correct for this address?
We will send this form week commencing 2 August 2021. View an example of this A4 form.
What do I need to do when I receive this?
- If there are no changes to your household:
You do not need to respond to this form.
- If the information on the form is not correct:
You must respond by updating your details. You will need your two-part security number that is on the form that we sent to you.
I have received an A3 form
For properties where we think the information we hold is not up to date, we will send you and A3 form that will state: You must respond so we can check who is eligible to register to vote
This form will be sent at the beginning of August 2021. View an example of this A3 form.
It is important that you confirm the information or advise us of any changes straight away to avoid further reminders being sent to you.
What do I do when I receive the above form?
The communication you receive will explain the different ways to respond which are:
- Visit the household response website
- Enter your unique two-part security code as shown on the form you have been sent
- Update or confirm your household information and submit
Or if there are NO CHANGES to the information on the form then you can respond by
- Calling 0800 197 9871 and when prompted enter part one and part two of your security code
If you are not able to use any of the above options, then you can phone us on 024 7637 6250 or return the form to us by post
Why should I respond to the form?
- It is compulsory to respond the form, if you do not, you could go to court, be fined up to £1,000
- Only those registered as electors can vote. If you are not registered you cannot help decide who represents you or your local area, or who forms the next government. (List of eligible countries who qualify to register to vote.)
- The register is supplied to credit reference agencies, so non-registration may affect your ability to open a bank account, take out a mortgage, or buy things on credit
- Juries are summoned using the electoral register
- To help detect crime and prevent fraud
For further information please see our frequently asked questions.
Last updated Wednesday, 11th August 2021