How to apply
To apply to rent a council garage just follow these simple steps:
- complete the online application form
- take a look at the list of garage locations to select your preferred area
- once approved, you need to ensure you have made arrangements for your rent to be paid on time. Information on how to pay can be found on our payment methods page
- rents are currently £6.80 per week for council tenants and £8.16 per week for non-council tenants
- applications from council tenants in rent arrears will be rejected
- applicants must be over 18 years of age to apply and preference will be given to tenants of council homes
- once allocated a garage, the rent must be paid on time
- notification of any arrears will be made in writing. If these arrears are not paid you will be at risk of losing your garage tenancy
The council own a number of garages across the borough which are available to rent. Priority is given to applications received from council tenants, however, all residents of the borough are able to apply.
If you already rent a garage from the council, you are able to exchange with other garage tenants within the borough. To do this, you will need to complete a new application form.