Why should I register on the register of electors?
If you are not registered at election time you will not be able to vote.
Also, credit agencies use the Register of Electors for credit reference purposes and if you are not included you may find it difficult to obtain credit, open a bank account, or get a mortgage.
It is your responsibility to register and it is an offence to fail to do so. You can be fined up to £1,000 for failing to return your annual canvass form.
Pages in Election information
- Register of electors
- You are here: Why should I register on the register of electors?
- Who can register to vote?
- How do I register?
- How do I change my details on the register of electors?
- How to register if you are in the services, living overseas or homeless?
- Voting at a Polling Station
- Voting by post
- Voting by proxy
- What if I cannot see the ballot paper clearly?
- Notice of Elections
Elections and Electoral Registration
Tel: 024 7637 6230