Complaints, compliments and comments
You can make your complaint in several ways:
- online via the Council's website
- in person
- typetalk (18001 024 7637 6376)
- on a complaint form
- through a friend, relative, solicitor or Councillor
If you have difficulty making a complaint please contact us so we can help you. The more information you can give us the better. Names of people you have spoken to, witnesses, dates of events, copies of letters - all will help us to deal with your complaint quickly.
Tell us if you feel that we have done something wrong, or if we have not done something we should have done. Examples include:
- a Council employee has been unhelpful or unpleasant towards you
- something has not been done in good time, or at all
- normal rules or policies have not been followed
- relevant things have not been properly taken into account
- you have not been told your rights
- you have suffered from malice, bias or discrimination
For freedom of information requests, please see our FOI section.
What will happen when I make a complaint?
When your complaint is received by the Council, the nature and type of the complaint will be assessed by one of our nominated complaints officers. Your complaint will be recorded and given a unique reference number.
You should receive a response to your complaint within 10 working days. If this is not going to be possible we will contact you within the allotted time and give you an indication of when we can respond.
The nominated complaints officer will then make any investigations and enquiries necessary to solve your
complaint, and contact you with their findings.
If you have notified the relevant officer that you are still not happy with the outcome of your complaint, further
investigation will be required. You will be sent an immediate acknowledgement letter whilst the matter is being investigated by an appropriate Director.
Once the Council has given its final response, and if you are still not happy with the outcome, you can take the complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.
PO Box 4771
0300 061 0614
Tel: 024 7637 6376